Warrant of Fitness checks for Motorcycles, scooters & trikes
A Warrant of Fitness (WoF) inspection is required for all motorcycles, mopeds, scooters, trikes and quads that are intended for use on public roads.
The checks are needed every 6 months for bikes over 6 years old, or every 12 months for bikes less than 6 years old.
It is your responsibility to maintain your bike according to the WoF standard and display a valid Warrant of Fitness label. If your bike lets you down it can hurt, a lot, so it is not worth risking.
There are many important safety checks included in a WoF inspection, including:
- Fuel system (leaks, perished hoses)
- Tyre condition, including depth of the tread
- Exhaust system condition
- Brake efficiency and balance
- Suspension, steering and drive chain
- Wheel alignment - crucial for two-wheelers!
- Structural condition - no rust or crash damage in key areas
- Speedometer must work properly
- Lights, indicators and horn must be working
The team at Waione Automotive are qualified and experienced in Warrant of Fitness checks for motorcycles, and we can carry out or arrange any necessary repairs and remedial work to get you safely on the road.